How do affiliate marketers make money? 3 steps guide for beginners
Who doesn't know the YouTube videos and advertisements that suggest to us how a sixteen-year-old earns 10,000 Euros or more overnight without working for it. Common sense tells us that it must be pretty impossible. But does that mean that you can't make any money on the Internet?
The question I ask myself is how do Affiliate Marketers make money and can that be replicated by beginners.
The Good News - You can make money with Affiliate Marketing as a beginner
I can say with a clear conscience that I make money online from home without previous knowledge.
The flip side of the coin, you won't get rich overnight without doing anything for it.
The method I use to make money is called Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate marketing is not complicated and you can just do what I do. In this article I explain step by step and in detail how I make money online.
You are just 3 steps away from making money online as an affiliate.
Want to know more?
Step 1: Find a good platform and a product
I assume here that you currently do not have your own product that you can sell. So you have to find a product that you can offer and a platform through which the sale is processed. That is really not difficult.
You have to imagine the platform as the accounting and logistics department. Invoicing, billing and delivery of the product happen here.
I use Digistore24. I can absolutely recommend it, have had no problems so far, have always got my money on time and the big advantage, to my knowledge, Digistore24 makes no restrictions with regard to your location.
I would recommend you to register as an affiliate and as a vendor. It is absolutely free and so you can start selling your own product later if you wish.
Register on Digistore
Now that you have registered, you have to choose a product. For example, I sell project management plan templates there and if you should decide on my product, you can simply read on. My explanations are based on that.
Get Promo Link
You will find a button next to the product. It is labeled "Get a Promo Link". You have to copy the promolink. You will need it in the next step. You can temporarily write it down or save it.
Besides the product information the promolink also contains your affiliate ID, which you created when you registered. This way, Digistore can recognize sales that you have generated and bill them accordingly.
Step2: Create a Sales Page
If the platform is the accounting and logistics department, then you need a showroom now.
You create the showroom in the form of a webpage. Wait, don't run away now, creating a Facebook profile is more complicated and I'll show you free solutions.
Of course you don't have to create a website, but I would recommend it to you. Of course you can also use your Facebook page, your Twitter account or other systems. If your Facebook page and the sites you follow are all about bodybuilding, it may be difficult to sell fishing equipment on that page. Better register a website with Wix and create a sales page for each product.
There are many providers of free websites. Below I list three of them:
How does a sales page look like?
Believe it or not, creating a sales page with one of these services is easier than creating a Facebook profile and having your own website gives you a good feeling.
A sales page is divided into different areas. Consider below schematic as your starting point:
- Describe the problem "You have to write a projet management plan, but you don't know where to start...",
- Describe your solution to the problem - remember to sell a solution, not a product,
- Place a CTA, a button that customers click to buy your product. Here you have to paste your promo link.
- Provide more information about the procduct, respectively the solution to the customer's problem, include testimonials etc.,
- Place another CTA. Again paste your promo link.
Step 3: Creating Website Traffic
The best sales page is worth nothing without visitors. There are different ways to get website visitors.
- Paid traffic - This is probably the easiest way to generate visits in the beginning. Do not run away now, read until the end and then make a decision. The 2 main ways are:
- Google Adwords - Your page will be listed at the beginning of the search results, against payment. You then usually pay for each click on your advertisement.
- Social (I mean primarily Facebook) - Facebook is what I use. The interesting thing is that an extremely large number of people voluntarily share literally everything about themselves, which you can then use to pass advertising exactly to your target group. Here, in the Facebook Ads Manager, you can find out exactly which people are interested for example in project management. I currently spend 5 EUR per day on Facebook advertising and thus generate about 20 EUR income.
- Organic search - These are visitors who find your page on Google, Bing or other search engines. Over time, you will certainly be able to generate visitors in this way, but that takes time and a very good site that stands out from the competition and therefore appears high on the search results.
- Referral - These are visitors who have found a link to yours on another website and thus reach to your page. This unfortunately takes a long time until links to your page have spread so widely that you can generate significant traffic in this way.
- Direct traffic - This is when visitors know your page for example through your email footer and enter the address directly in the browser address bar.
In essence that is it. If you need more information feel free to contact me. Otherwise, I recommend watching one or two short YouTube videos for each of the above steps. It is really that easy.
How much money can you make as an affiliate?
Who does not know them, these YouTube videos and advertisements "16 years old makes 10000 EUR while sleeping" and so on.When I saw that, I wondered how much truth there could be. Is it true that you can easily make money on the Internet?
I used to make a little money with Google Adsense and it was clear to me, yes, you can make money online. However, Google's advertising revenue never reached more than a small 3-digit amount per month, even though I was running a website at the time that recorded up to 350 visits per day. I haven't bothered about it for a long time and have pursued my job. At some point I became aware of affiliate marketing and wanted to give it a try.
I did some research on the Internet and was able to find out how the system works in principle (see above). In fact, I started the system and succeeded after about a week. Since then I have been earning around 20 Euros a day. For me that was a strong proof of concept. I am currently still trying to implement improvements before I start and try to scale the system.
I am currently firmly convinced that you can definitely earn a life with affiliate marketing, and if I can do that, why not you?